Presentations are a vital part of not only the corporate world but most business sectors. But one common problem faced by all at some point of the other, is the ability to catch and hold the attention of audience. If you too are not been able to impress your audience with your PowerPoint presentations, then you have come to the right place. Let’s make your PowerPoint presentation interesting by including those awesome graphics that most people are not even aware of. Through this article, you’ll learn to create a customized Pyramid Diagram in just a few minutes and leave your audience awestruck.
One of the most widely used graphics which has the ability to turn a boring slide into an attractive one are Pyramids. It’s basically a triangle divided into sections. However, it’s the most effective graphic to show a hierarchy structure- where the widest base (the bottom in a normal pyramid) represents the largest structure and the top the smallest. So, if you draw a food pyramid, items with the most nutrition occupy the base while the least nutritious items occupy the top.
Pyramids are commonly used in business or management oriented PowerPoint presentations to show the hierarchical structure such as business management positions and hierarchy of consumer needs. It can also be used to depict the relative quantities of products sold, the most profit generating segments, internet marketing stages, etc. The possibilities are many with a pyramid.
What You’ll Learn to Create in This Tutorial:
You can enhance the visual aspect of your PowerPoint presentation by adding unique and creative 2-D and 3-D Pyramid designs in your presentation. To do so, follow these instructions which will allow you to design these innovative Pyramids for yourself in less than 5 minutes.
Don’t believe us. Let’s try then...
Steps to Create 2-D Pyramid Diagram:
1. Insert a triangle from the Shapes menu (Insert tab).
2. Place three rectangles over the triangle as shown in the image below.
3. Select all three rectangles and go to the Format tab in PowerPoint ribbon. Click Arrange> Align> Align Center>Distribute Vertically.
4. Now, select the triangle first and then the rectangles. Go to Format> Merge Shapes>Fragment. Remember that you have to select the triangle first.
5. Delete the rectangles. This should get you an image similar to the one shown on the right side.
6. Now you have a Pyramid shaped figure with you. Right click on the image. Remove the outlines and fill the Pyramid with the color of your choice.
The Pyramid shown in the image above is a simple Pyramid. While this will also visually enhance your presentation, there’s no end to the kind of customization you can do with these Pyramids. You can try various customizations to turn this pyramid from a simple one to an eye catching one. You can choose to add shadow to this figure. Follow two more simple steps and create an awesome Pyramid for your presentation.
7. Place a rectangle over one half of the colorful Pyramid you created, just like the below image.
8. Right click on the rectangle. Go to Format Shape> No Line> Fill the shape with white color> Increase Transparency to 65%.
Note: - Ensure that you select the Solid Fill option while filling the rectangle with white color.
These simple steps will get you the following creative figure which looks totally modern and based on the latest designs in trend. You can now add text to this innovatively designed Pyramid and make it a part of your presentation.
You have just created an amazing 2D Pyramid which can be presented in various ways in business presentations.
P.S. In case you do not want to go through all the steps and wish to download this Pyramid design, go ahead and click the link below:
Create Inverted Pyramid Diagram:
You can also rotate the Pyramid and you have with yourself an inverted Pyramid structure. To do so, just rotate the cursor (See the image below) and you will have an Inverted Pyramid structure which you can use for various purposes in your presentations.
Steps to Create 3-D Pyramid Diagram:
Pyramids are supposedly ancient. But these Pyramids can be turned to latest 3-D designs which will impress your audience and they will be all eyes and ears while you share your views and ideas.
You can give 3-D Rotation to your previous Pyramid which will make it look modern and in accordance to the latest designs. But how do you do that? You can achieve the desired results by following these simple steps.
1. Once you have created the normal Pyramid (without the shadow i.e. step 7 and 8), select the figure and right click on the image. Go to Format Shape> Effects (second option under Shape Options)>Choose 3-D Format> Top Bevel> Bevel >Circle.
2. Give the shape depth of 100 Points.
3. Now go to the 3-D Rotation option which is just below the option 3-D Format. Click the Presets menu. Choose Perspective. Go for the option which you think suits the best for your presentation. We have applied the third option- Perspective Right.
4. Write your content to describe each of the stages in the pyramid. Simply select each box to type your content directly into the shape (no need to insert a separate text box). The shape will turn into normal 2D once you put your text into the steps just like the below image. Don’t worry about that. Once you click outside the image, it turns back into its original shape i.e. 3-D Pyramid which you created.
5. You can further enhance the text by adjusting the size of it. You can also add shadow to the text to make it look better in the Pyramid. Go to the Home tab> change size of the text> add shadow to it.
3-D Pyramid is ready to be a part of the presentation and keep the audience engaged.
These innovative shapes not only add to the visual aspect of the presentation but also set the right impression on your audience.
Since your presentation is around the corner and you don’t have much time to create one, we have shortlisted some of the creative Pyramid designs for your presentation. You can go through these professionally designed PowerPoint Templates which we have handpicked for you. P.S. All our presentation templates are fully editable in PowerPoint!
Professionally Designed Pyramid Templates
Professional PowerPoint Template #1
Click here to download this awesome diagram.
Professional PowerPoint Template #2
Download this amazing Pyramid Diagram by clicking here.
Professional PowerPoint Template #3
Feel free to download this professionally designed Pyramid Diagram.
Professional PowerPoint Template #4
Download this amazing inverted pyramid diagram and stun your audience.
Professional PowerPoint Template #5
Download this creative diagram, add your content and impress your audience.
Professional PowerPoint Template #6
Grab this creative template by clicking here.
Professional PowerPoint Template #7
Download this attractive diagram and simply add your content in this slide.
Professional PowerPoint Template #8
Grab this eye catching PowerPoint template by clicking here.
Share your feedback with us and stay tuned for more awesome PowerPoint Tutorials.