Public Speaking For Effective Business Communication Training Ppt
This set of slides covers public speaking in business communication. It includes slides on the significance and essential verbal and nonverbal skills for impressive public speaking. Further, it contains common errors in public speaking, such as using filler words, overshooting time, and talking too fast or soft.
- Google Slides is a new FREE Presentation software from Google.
- All our content is 100% compatible with Google Slides.
- Just download our designs, and upload them to Google Slides and they will work automatically.
- Amaze your audience with SlideTeam and Google Slides.
- WideScreen Aspect ratio is becoming a very popular format. When you download this product, the downloaded ZIP will contain this product in both standard and widescreen format.
- Some older products that we have may only be in standard format, but they can easily be converted to widescreen.
- To do this, please open the SlideTeam product in Powerpoint, and go to
- Design ( On the top bar) -> Page Setup -> and select "On-screen Show (16:9)” in the drop down for "Slides Sized for".
- The slide or theme will change to widescreen, and all graphics will adjust automatically. You can similarly convert our content to any other desired screen aspect ratio.
Compatible With Google Slides
Get This In WideScreen
PowerPoint presentation slides
Presenting Public Speaking for Effective Business Communication. Our PowerPoint experts have included all the necessary templates, designs, icons, graphs, and other essential material. This deck is well crafted by extensive research. Slides consist of amazing visuals and appropriate content. These PPT slides can be instantly downloaded with just a click. Compatible with all screen types and monitors. Supports Google Slides. Premium Customer Support is available. Suitable for use by managers, employees, and organizations. These slides are easily customizable. You can edit the color, text, icon, and font size to suit your requirements.
Content of this Powerpoint Presentation
This slide represents the significance of speaking in publicly. Public speaking helps boost the confidence of the speaker, enhance leadership skills, encourage critical thinking, contribute towards personal development, assist in career advancement, and helps an individual get over the fear of impromptu speaking.
- Career Advancement: Effective public speaking skills help with career advancement, as they indicate creativity, critical thinking skills, leadership abilities, poise, and professionalism. These qualities are always in high demand in the job market. Public speaking skills improves the effectiveness of what you say, making you the star in office meetings; your ideas and suggestions are accepted. Speaking skills also help you excel in job interviews
- Boost Confidence: Public speaking can significantly boost your confidence. The nervousness and the butterflies in stomach that result from just stepping up on stage and facing a huge crowd never really goes way. With practice and rehearsal, however, this just fades away
- Critical Thinking: Public speaking is considered the best way to develop and enhance critical thinking skills. After careful thought from all aspects, the message which needs to be delivered has to be tailored to the requirements, needs and even expectations of the target audience
- Personal Development: Public speaking equips the person with skills required to analyze and interpret any topic. Improved confidence and ability to speak in a crowd contributes to the personal development of an individual
- Impromptu Speaking: When called over a stage at the wedding to speak a few words, at a performance award ceremony, or on any other special occasion, you might not get the words immediately to convey. If you acquire public speaking skills, however, you will always find yourself graciously accepting the opportunity in such a situation. Public speaking skills helps you let go of constant worrying and tackling the fear of being asked to say something, especially at formal events
- Leadership Skills: Leaders need to have the capability to drive change. Public speaking skills are vital in being effective at that. Speaking powerfully, you can change people’s minds about an issue. If you master this skill of bringing a change and encouraging individuals, you can hop to leadership positions. You already have command over a significant aspect of leadership
This slide explains the meaning of public speaking as a component of business communication.
This slide illustrates various verbal and Nonverbal skills that are considered absolutely essential to public speaking.
This slide explains the most common errors that must be avoided. It is suggested that the speaker must refrain from using filler words, speaking at a normal rate, make constant eye contact with different members of the audience, and pre-plan start and finish time of their speech.
- Neglecting to Prepare: One of the most common mistakes in public speaking is not giving enough time to preparation. This is the root cause of ineffective and inefficient public speaking
Solution: Before presentation or speech, a person must set some time aside to make sure that work has been completed in all aspects and proper time has been given to preparation.
- Using Filler Words: Filler words in speaking refer to ‘um’ and ‘uhs’ that mark out the public speaker as unprofessional and unprepared. The audience will perceive information delivered with frequent use of such filler words with skepticism
Solution: To avoid this, the speaker should make sure that he devotes enough time for practice and preparation before delivering the speech.
- Talking Too Fast or Soft: Whenever an individual presents publicly, he/she gets nervous and makes another common mistake: Speaking too fast, which confuses the audience. The other end of the spectrum is talking too softly. The audience might not understand and hear what you have said if you will speak too softly
Solution: To avoid speaking too fast, the speaker should practice the delivery and speed before the actual delivery and allow the audience enough time to grasp the information shared. Also, to improve talking too slowly, the speaker should make sure that his voice is audible to all and avoid mumbling.
- Eye Dart: In most cases, speakers fail to maintain constant eye contact with the target audience, reflecting insincerity and disinterest
Solution: The speaker must maintain eye contact for at least 2-3 seconds with every person present before to engage and connect with them.
- Overshooting Time: Overshooting time refers to overutilizing the time than the actual requirement, i.e., taking 1 hour for a 30-minutes planned task. Extended time will disturb the schedule and make it challenging to engage the audience for long
Solution: The speaker should always pre-plan and formulate the best-suited content according to the time allotted.
- Lack of Pauses: Rushing through the content while speaking is considered a negative sign in business communication. It is believed that the person is either anxious or nervous if he/she is too fast, does not pause in the conversation, and rushes throughout the conversation
Solution: The speaker should take short breaks and pause before and after sentences. It simplifies the understanding process for the audience.
This slide mentions an exercise for trainees to improve their speaking skills.
Sample topics for practicing impromptu speaking:
- Goals are good for you
- Intelligence is not enough
- Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder
- Youth is wasted on the young
- Does money make the world go round?
Public Speaking For Effective Business Communication Training Ppt with all 22 slides:
Use our Public Speaking For Effective Business Communication Training Ppt to effectively help you save your valuable time. They are readymade to fit into any presentation structure.
Great quality slides in rapid time.
Nothing beats the well-formatted and professionally designed templates offered. Kudos to SlideTeam for their amazing collection of PPT slides.