Barriers In Business Communication Training Module On Business Communication Edu Ppt
This PowerPoint training deck in-depth covers the concept of Barriers in Communication. It includes slides containing examples and measures to overcome physical, cultural, language, perceptual, interpersonal, gender, and emotional barriers at the workplace for better communication. The PPT module also contains key takeaways, discussion questions, MCQs, and memes to make the training session interactive. Further, it includes additional slides on about us, vision, mission, goal, 30-60-90 days plan, timeline, roadmap, training completion certificate, energizer activities, detailed client proposal, and training assessment form.
- Google Slides is a new FREE Presentation software from Google.
- All our content is 100% compatible with Google Slides.
- Just download our designs, and upload them to Google Slides and they will work automatically.
- Amaze your audience with SlideTeam and Google Slides.
- WideScreen Aspect ratio is becoming a very popular format. When you download this product, the downloaded ZIP will contain this product in both standard and widescreen format.
- Some older products that we have may only be in standard format, but they can easily be converted to widescreen.
- To do this, please open the SlideTeam product in Powerpoint, and go to
- Design ( On the top bar) -> Page Setup -> and select "On-screen Show (16:9)” in the drop down for "Slides Sized for".
- The slide or theme will change to widescreen, and all graphics will adjust automatically. You can similarly convert our content to any other desired screen aspect ratio.
Compatible With Google Slides
Get This In WideScreen
PowerPoint presentation slides
Presenting Training Module on Barriers in Business Communication. This presentation deck contains 86 well-researched and uniquely designed slides. These slides are 100 percent made in PowerPoint and are compatible with all screen types and monitors. They also support Google Slides. Premium Customer Support available. Suitable for use by managers, employees, and organizations. These slides are easily customizable. You can edit the color, text, icon, and font size to suit your requirements.
Content of this Powerpoint Presentation
The slide lists down the major barriers in business communication such as physical barriers, cultural barriers, language barriers, perceptual barriers, interpersonal barriers, gender barriers and emotional barriers.
This slide depicts that any physical element or factor that acts as a distraction to obstruct the flow of communication is a physical barrier in communication.
Some of the most significant physical barriers in an organization are as follows:
· Inadequate lighting
· Noise in the background
· Closed Doors
· Geographical distances between message sender and receiver
Types of Physical Barrier in Communication
· Noise: The most common physical barriers to listening is noise. Noise impedes the flow of messages, causes them to be inaccurate or unclear, and leads to misinterpretations. Environmental noise, technological noise, and written noise are all examples of noise. A message that is poorly written or printed is an example of written noise
· Excessive Information: Communication can suffer when the amount of information is too large for a person to store or process. The sender may have a lot of information to share but no way to process it. The inability to send or receive large amounts of printed data is a physical barrier
· Distortion: A distorted message is one that has been misrepresented or misinterpreted. It happens when the meaning of a message is lost in translation or during decoding
This slide depicts the information regarding cultural barrier. It occurs when people are unaware of cultural differences.
This slide covers the information regarding language barrier. It occurs when people speaking different languages cannot communicate.
Types of language barriers
· Language difference: It occurs when a person interacts with someone who speaks a different native language
· Dialects and accents: It occur when two people share the same language but speak it differently
· Lack of clear speech: It occurs when people speak too softly or too quickly. In either case, it is unclear what they are saying
· Technical terms or jargon: It occurs when someone communicates using highly technical and subject-specific terms
· Word choice: It occurs when someone uses words with two meanings or says something sarcastically that the listener may misinterpret
This slide covers the information regarding perceptual barrier. These are mental roadblocks caused by internal biases we have about people or events around us.
Types of perceptual barriers
· Selective perception - It entails paying attention to information that supports your ideas while ignoring the rest
· Stereotypes - A stereotype is an oversimplified mental picture associated with a specific group (e.g., women are emotional and fat people are jolly)
· Halo effect - In organizations, the halo effect occurs when managers provide overly favorable evaluations of employees based on isolated successes
· Projection - The tendency to attribute one's own beliefs, feelings, tendencies, motives, or needs to other people
· Expectations - An expectation is the tendency to find what one expects to find in a situation or a person. Our expectations greatly influence how we perceive the world around us
This slide covers the information regarding interpersonal barriers, and it is most challenging to overcome because they are based mainly on personality.
This slide covers the information regarding Gender Barriers in Communication. These are barriers that arise due to the different ways in genders communicate.
This slide depicts the information regarding emotional barriers, which is a mental limitation to communicate your thoughts and feelings openly.
Instructor’s note: Types of emotional Barrier
· Anger - Anger is an emotional barrier to communication that affects how your brain processes information. A person is less likely to be logical in discussions because of anger. Moreover, a person is less likely to contribute constructively to problem-solving and more likely to oppose other people's ideas
· Pride - It is an emotional barrier to communication that hinders healthy communication in a variety of ways. Pride as an emotion implies that you are proud of what you say and do. This means that you talk more than you listen
· Anxiety - It is another emotional barrier to effective communication, and it can harm communication skills and effectiveness. People won't concentrate on what others are saying because they will be preoccupied with what they want to say. Furthermore, anxiety may cause them to avoid social situations, even in a professional setting
This slide depicts an activity that the trainees can perform during their training session that will allow participants to develop empathy and better understanding among colleagues.
· The activity allows all participants to develop empathy and improve the understanding of their colleagues' or group members' reactions
· Each member must portray the emotion in a specific amount of time, perhaps a minute or two
· Acting opportunity should be shared equally between the two teams
This slide showcases an activity that the trainees can perform during their training session to identify the type of communication barrier.
The purpose of this slide is to showcase the summary of barriers in communication training session.
Slide 41 to 52
These slides depict energizer activities to engage the audience of the training session.
The above slide displays the activity for the team members found less energetic and enthusiastic. It will ensure an increase in energy levels and the productivity of employees at the workplace.
· Multiple chairs are to be adjusted in the empty and spacious room in a random order
· The chairs should be put in a manner that every chair points in a different direction and all the chairs are occupied
· Ask for a volunteer from the batch. (Batch may include a maximum of 15 people for a regular size room)
· The volunteer is supposed to walk slowly and approach his/her empty chair and sit down. If the chair is already occupied, then he/she is expected to occupy the other/next alternative empty chair available
· All other members will try to stop the person from approaching the relevant chair
· Multiple teams can be made to conduct the activity
· Each team can be allotted 2 minutes for planning
· Each round is to be reviewed for the outcomes achieved from the activity
· Each team should have a different volunteer, preferably the person with the lowest energy levels from the batch
· The volunteer should move cautiously so as to not bump into any of the props or persons in the room
· How did the activity influence the teamwork and engagement skills of all the participants?
· How was the experience while planning and working with 15-20 members at a time?
· Was everybody clear about the purpose and conduct of the respective activity?
· Did you observe any flaws that you wish to improve? Or any other instructions you want to include to make the activity conduct easier?
This slide highlights the cover letter for the training proposal. It includes details regarding what the company providing corporate training can accomplish for the client.
The purpose of this slide is to showcase the multiple types of courses offered by the training company.
This slide indicates the major deliverables that the corporate training firm will provide to the client. The key deliverables highlighted are session plans, PowerPoint deck, evaluation material, and training handouts.
This slide represents the multiple additional services offered by the training firm to the client, such as webinars, planning journals, and e-learning design solutions.
This slide tabulates the major deliverables offered by the training company to the client along with their associated costs.
The purpose of this slide is to highlight the multiple additional services offered by the training firm along with their cost details.
This slide provides an overview of the corporate training firm's vision and mission statements, core values, and key clients.
This slide highlights the major awards and recognition won by the training firm for their exceptional service to clients.
The slide provides information regarding the team members that would be providing the training services to the client. It includes details of the trainer and their respective designations
The slide provides information regarding the team members that would be providing the training services to the client. It includes details of the employees names and their respective designations.
This slide provides information pertaining to testimonials given by satisfied clients of the training firm.
This slide highlights the testimonials from multiple satisfied clients of the training firm providing information regarding congratulatory messages, client name, and company details.
This slide showcases the case study for the training proposal. It includes information regarding the problem faced by the client and solutions offered by the training firm. It also covers details of the results and client testimonial.
This slide provides information regarding the contract terms and conditions of the training proposal. It also includes details of deliverables that the training company will provide to the client.
The purpose of this slide is to provide the contact information of the corporate training firm. It includes the firm’s official address, contact number, and email address.
This slide highlights the training evaluation form for instructor assessment. It also includes sections to fill details of training information and attendee details.
This slide showcases the questions for the assessment of the training content by the attendees.
The slide indicates the evaluation form for course assessment. It also includes questions pertaining to the future actions of the attendees.
Barriers In Business Communication Training Module On Business Communication Edu Ppt with all 91 slides:
Use our Barriers In Business Communication Training Module On Business Communication Edu Ppt to effectively help you save your valuable time. They are readymade to fit into any presentation structure.
The templates are the best in class. Very clear and innovative graphics! I am excited to explore and download more presentations.
Awesome presentation, really professional and easy to edit.