Preventing Conflict In The Workplace Training Ppt
This training module on Preventing Conflict in the Workplace, in detail, discusses the multiple conflict prevention techniques, such as fostering clear communication, having superordinate goals, establishing workplace behavior rules, recognizing and managing passive aggression, providing psychological safety, avoiding coercion and intimidation use, and appealing to a higher authority. Further in-depth, it also covers strategies to survive toxic workplace culture by building a network of trusted co-workers, staying focused on important goals, striving for a strong work-life balance, and knowing that nothing is permanent. It also lists the rules for managing workplace conflict. It also has an activity Positive Definitions, case studies Job Promotion and To Tribunal or Not Tribunal, key takeaways, and discussion questions related to the topic. The deck has PPT slides on about us, vision, mission, goal, 30-60-90 days plan, timeline, roadmap, and training completion certificate. It has energizer activities to make the coaching session more interactive. It also includes a client proposal and assessment form for training evaluation.
- Google Slides is a new FREE Presentation software from Google.
- All our content is 100% compatible with Google Slides.
- Just download our designs, and upload them to Google Slides and they will work automatically.
- Amaze your audience with SlideTeam and Google Slides.
Want Changes to This PPT Slide? Check out our Presentation Design Services
- WideScreen Aspect ratio is becoming a very popular format. When you download this product, the downloaded ZIP will contain this product in both standard and widescreen format.
- Some older products that we have may only be in standard format, but they can easily be converted to widescreen.
- To do this, please open the SlideTeam product in Powerpoint, and go to
- Design ( On the top bar) -> Page Setup -> and select "On-screen Show (16:9)” in the drop down for "Slides Sized for".
- The slide or theme will change to widescreen, and all graphics will adjust automatically. You can similarly convert our content to any other desired screen aspect ratio.
Compatible With Google Slides
Get This In WideScreen
PowerPoint presentation slides
Presenting Training Deck on Preventing Conflict in the Workplace. This deck comprises of 103 slides. Each slide is well crafted and designed by our PowerPoint experts. This PPT presentation is thoroughly researched by the experts, and every slide consists of appropriate content. All slides are customizable. You can add or delete the content as per your need. Not just this, you can also make the required changes in the charts and graphs. Download this professionally designed business presentation, add your content and present it with confidence.
People who downloaded this PowerPoint presentation also viewed the following :
Content of this Powerpoint Presentation
This slide provides an overview of conflict prevention. Introduces of multiple conflict prevention techniques. These are: foster clear communication, superordinate goals, establish rules for workplace behavior, be decisive in action, identify and manage representation gaps, recognize and manage passive aggression, provide psychological safety, avoid using coercion and intimidation, use exchange of personnel, reducing interdependence, and appeal to higher authority.
A detailed look at conflict prevention techniques is given below:
Foster Clear Communication:
- Complete and clear information is the single most important key to preventing conflicts at the workplace
- Managers need to develop and master this skill to ensure that employees reporting to them must have the required information with them to perform allocate tasks in an efficient manner
- A superordinate goal is a common goal that appeals to all parties, even if some or all of them may be locked in a conflict
- A single stakeholder cannot accomplish a subordinate goal, as it seeks cooperation among conflicting parties
- To prevent conflicts at the workplace, formulate superordinate goals
- For example, revenue targets that are set for the entire department
Establish Rules for Behavior at Workplace:
- Clear and established behavior rules are a must to prevent conflict
- Rules should be collated and communicated to all employees
- Understanding and compliance with these rules lower the chances of a conflict
- Even after all this, if a conflict rears it head the employees must be clear on the person to contact
Be decisive in action:
- The management should make decision on facts, especially when it comes to company policy or some other decisions
- The management may be supreme at the workplace, but it should have a relevant explanation for its decisions
Recognize Representation Gaps:
- Different department employees
- It is important for the management fulfil genuine requirements of employees
Identify and Manage Passive Aggression:
- It is important to understand Passive Aggression as it can create workplace situations that spiral out of control
- Signs of Passive Aggression are indirect behavior like avoidance, teasing, or exclusion
- Keep a check on employees’ passive aggression behavior and ensure they get time and space to air grievances, if any
Create Psychological Safety:
Create psychological safety for employees at the workplace as it improves employees’ productivity. A few recommendations in this regard are:
- Managers should put employees in a situation where they can do their best work
- Managers should be honest and supportive toward employees when they are making mistakes
Avoid Using Coercion and Intimidation:
- Coercion and intimidation are a big NO at the workplace, as these start a conflict instead of preventing it.
- This is the way some organizations develop a toxic work culture
Exchange of Personnel:
- Transferring or rotating employees in closely-connected departments of the same organization can improve perceptions and understanding, which helps to prevent conflict
- This makes employees more considerate and cooperative of each other
- When two departments have to work together and share limited resources, it creates a high probability that a conflict will result
- Reduced interdependence leads to positive work environment the positive work environment
Appeal To Higher Authority:
- If a conflict arises, all organizations must have a mechanism in place and a superior authority with the power to dictate to both parties, analyze their statements, and resolve issue at hand
This slide explains clear communication as a technique for conflict prevention. It is a must as clear communication is the key requirement for employees to perform; if they don't perform, conflict is natural.
This slide showcases the superordinate goals technique for conflict prevention. It explains that a superordinate goal is a common goal that appeals to all parties in the conflict also it cannot be accomplished by any single party individually as it demands corporation among conflicting parties.
This slide illustrates establishing rules for behavior at the workplace technique for conflict prevention. It explains that understanding of rules among the employees lowers chances of conflict in an organization.
This slide illustrates the act decisively technique for conflict prevention. It explains that in case of any issue with employees, the management should have a relevant, fact-based explanation.
This slide showcases recognizing representation gaps as a technique for conflict prevention. It explains that it is important for the management to fulfil genuine requirements of an organization in a proactive manner.
This slide Illustrates the identify and manage passive aggression technique for conflict prevention at the workplace. It also explains that it is important to keep a check on employees’ passive aggression behavior to prevent workplace conflict.
This slide showcases the creating psychological safety technique for conflict prevention at workplace. It also explains that managers should be honest and supportive toward employees when they are making mistakes
This slide showcases the avoid coercion and intimidation technique for conflict prevention. It explains that it can temporarily stop conflict, but it does not serve the purpose in the long term as the workplace becomes toxic.
This slide showcases the exchange of personnel technique for conflict prevention. It explains that transferring of employees to interdependent departments within the same organization can help improve perception and understanding, which helps to prevent conflict.
This slide depicts the reducing interdependence technique for conflict prevention.
This slide explains the appeal to higher authority technique for conflict prevention. It illustrates that if a conflict arises, the superior authority should be available to dictate to both parties and analyze their statements and resolve the conflict.
Slide 16 to 19
These slides provide the context, outcomes, discussion questions and recommended resolution for the case study on workplace conflict management.
This slide illustrates the key statements that sarcastic individuals use that can lead to a toxic situation in the workplace.
This slide illustrates the key statements frequently used by caustic openers that can lead to a toxic situation in the workplace.
- It is better to avoid the situation, instead of reciprocating
- It is better to stick to facts and address relevant issues
This slide illustrates the key statements that everyone, forever style of worker uses, forever that can lead to a toxic situation at the workplace.
Frustration and disappointment can make us believe that we cannot do. This makes us lament in form of statements that do us no good.
This slide illustrates the key statements frequently used for everyone, forever that can lead to a toxic situation at the workplace.
- Toxic conflict can increase stress and lower self-confidence
- Do not take things literally when an individual does everyone and forever
- It is important to consider negative events temporary
This slide illustrates the key statements associated with blame game and exaggeration that can lead to a toxic situation at the workplace.
This slide illustrates the key statements frequently used for blame game that can lead to a toxic situation at the workplace.
- Proclaim and announce through appropriate signage and on official stationery items that it is easy to blame others or the situation for your own shortcomings
- The good trick is to blame the inanimate because they cannot argue back. One can take a safe path by blaming abstract bodies of people like local government, traffic police, rain, Gods etc.
- Blaming others doesn’t help but can easily spoil a relationship
This slide illustrates the causes for conflict in toxic conflict management at workplace due to differing perspective.
This slide illustrates different strategies to handle conflict due to different perspectives in toxic conflict management.
This slide illustrates the process to manage the trait of 'what I mean, not what I say' in ensuring that conflicts cannot turn workplaces into toxic ones in toxic conflict management. it also explains the different statements that could lead to conflict at the workplace.
This slide illustrates different responses to manage “what I mean, not what I say” in toxic conflict management. It also explains ways to resolve toxic conflicts.
- If in an office, two colleagues are working in the same team and one of the employees likes to work with music playing in the background, and the other employee does not like music while working
- In such conditions, a conflict can occur and disturb the office's mood
- To resolve such a conflict, it is important to understand whether it is the words that distract the employee
- If they play only music without words like instrumental music, maybe that could resolve the conflict and improve the relations between the employees
This slide illustrates a technique to manage detoxifying conflicts at workplace. It explains that conflicts are important for progress, and it work well when it leads to better solutions.
This slide explains the activity on conflict management named “positive definitions.” It also explains the requirements and instructions that are required to conduct the activity in a successful manner.
This slide showcases ways to survive a toxic workplace such as building a network of trusted co-workers, staying focused on important goals, striving for strong work-life balance, realizing that nothing is permanent and being nice to everyone.
Tips to survive a toxic workplace are:
Build Network of Trusted Co-Workers:
- Toxic workplaces have greedy, judgmental, and people in positions of power in a far greater proportion than a normal organization
- To survive in a toxic work environment, it is important to find one or two good friends that can be trusted and who can offer support and give you space to vent out your feelings
- In a toxic workplace, it is critical that your someone who understands your frustrations; communication becomes even more important here.
Stay Focused on Important Goals:
- Working in a toxic workplace can feel like we are again in high school, with rumors running fast
- It is important to keep yourself busy with work and avoid such conversations that could affect you in any way
Strive for Strong Work-Life Balance:
- A 9-5 job feels more like 24/7 because work consumes all your time
- Thinking about work goes on even within after office hours
- It is important to set some boundaries between your job and life
- Healthy boundaries can help reduce the impact of work on an employee's personal life
Know that Nothing is Permanent:
- Many things at a workplace are beyond your control; do not allow an angry email from your boss to ruin your day
- It reduces your confidence, and people start feeling drained both physically and mentally
- Such situations are temporary, and it is essential to look for opportunities to move on
Be Nice to Everyone:
- In toxic workplaces, people are competitive
- Everyone feels like the only way to reach the top is by climbing over their co-workers
- People start lying, cheating, and stealing ideas to advance their careers
- The better way to deal with such people is by not stooping to their level; kill them with kindness
This slide showcases different ways to survive a Toxic Workplace by building network of trusted co-workers. It explains that toxic workplaces consist of people that are greedy, judgmental, and manipulative.
This slide showcases different ways to survive a toxic workplace by staying focused on important goals. It explains that working in a toxic workplace can feel like we are again in high school, with rumors running fast.
This slide showcases different ways to survive a toxic workplace with strong work-life balance. It explains that a 9-5 job feels more like 24/7 because work has consumed all the time.
This slide illustrates different ways to survive a toxic workplace with knowing that nothing is permanent. It explains that many things at a workplace are beyond your control and an angry email from your boss can easily ruin your day.
This slide illustrates different ways to survive a toxic workplace by staying nice with everyone. It explains that people in toxic workplace are competitive.
This slide showcases different ways to survive a toxic workplace with finding better ways. It explains that finding another job can be a better way to deal with toxic workplace conflicts.
This slide showcases important to keep in mind rules to manage conflict at workplace in form of an infographic.
This slide gives us a case study on a dispute between employees at the workplace at workplace. It highlights a situation where discrimination at workplace on the basis of disability of an employee leads to claim for civil service benefits and ill-health retirement.
This slide showcases the position and resolution of conflict at workplace. It also explains that an employee David sought $860,000 for discrimination at the workplace, which included compensation for discrimination, damages for injury, costs and compensation for the loss of career earnings.
- It took a day for mediation to take place, and both the parties reached a common agreement
- The parties, assisted by a mediator, thought creatively about their needs and interests regarding the agreement. This included the compensation of $ xxx to be provided to David (Quote the amount as per your judgement)
- It also included other conditions for David to apply for ill-health retirement and leave his employment in a dignified fashion
- The mediator also addressed the employer's need to keep the outcome confidential
- Both parties agreed to and were relieved from legal fees and other costs
This slide depicts the summary of training session on Preventing Conflict in the Workplace. The trainer can use it to highlight essential concepts of the session to trainees.
Slide 57 to 72
These slides contain energizer activities to engage the audience of the training session.
Slide 73 to 100
These slides contain a training proposal covering what the company providing corporate training can accomplish for the client.
Slide 101 to 103
These slides include a training evaluation form for instructor, content and course assessment.
Preventing Conflict In The Workplace Training Ppt with all 108 slides:
Use our Preventing Conflict In The Workplace Training Ppt to effectively help you save your valuable time. They are readymade to fit into any presentation structure.
“Ample and amazing variety of templates available, really helpful for making professional PPT for day to day workings.”
SlideTeam is very efficient when it comes to saving time. I am happy that I chose them for my presentation.